Money Talk India Finance Forum (MTIFF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were you ever cheated by a fraudster?

+4
rakeshkamble
sidhartha
dileep
enidhi
8 posters

Go down

Were you ever cheated by a fraudster? Empty Were you ever cheated by a fraudster?

Post by enidhi Thu Jan 31 2008, 15:43

If someone had attempted cheating you financially, let others know how it happened...So that others will be cautious on such attepts...
enidhi
enidhi
MoneyTalk Expert

Male Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-01-29

http://www.enidhi.net

Back to top Go down

Were you ever cheated by a fraudster? Empty Re: Were you ever cheated by a fraudster?

Post by dileep Fri Feb 01 2008, 11:11

Hey I have one... recently one of my friends had given Rs. 1500/- for getting passport(he might have thought it wud be like getting DL Very Happy ) in bangalore, but the person who took the money got disaapered it seems. Getting passport is very easy, one can get information in http://kar.nic.in/passport/instr.htm

- Dilee.

dileep
MoneyTalker

Male Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Were you ever cheated by a fraudster? Empty Re: Were you ever cheated by a fraudster?

Post by enidhi Mon Feb 04 2008, 10:43

poor guy..
enidhi
enidhi
MoneyTalk Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by sidhartha Tue Feb 05 2008, 17:26

for the past 6 months...i was been harassed by ABN AMRO credit card ppl...to pay for a amount which i hadnot used...it was like...some free return tickets were there or some free gift...in which i had to pay 25% of the amount...now these ppl didnot even inform me about the plan they simply charged the amount against my card....for past 6 months i was suffering i did not pay the bill so putting late fees and stuff it became a huge amount...at last i threatened them to drag them to consumer court ultimately they have reverted back the amount....

sidhartha
MTIFF Moderator

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by rakeshkamble Tue Feb 05 2008, 20:17

There are lots of +ves abt Credit cards.. but these -ve ones harass us.... So I prefer not using Credit cards.. I have one but haven't opened the envelop yet Wink .. Took it for some real emergency purpose only..
rakeshkamble
rakeshkamble
MTIFF Moderator

Male Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by enidhi Wed Feb 06 2008, 12:53

I used my CC only few times... mainly for online transactions where other modes of payments not practical...
enidhi
enidhi
MoneyTalk Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by supreethamave Thu Mar 13 2008, 13:13

Sometime back (I think Nov 2007) HSBC had a 10% cashback option. Till some years back, it used to be true and HSBC used to indeed give 10% of the amount back on any purchases above Rs. 2000 during the offer period. So during the offer period, I used my credit card for all purchases/transactions above Rs. 2K. But got to know that they would credit a maximum of Rs. 750 back not more and it was not on indvidual purchases but on a cumulative basis. Well, no harm caused but I have a grouse that these conditions should have been spelled out clearly.

supreethamave
MoneyTalker

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by enidhi Thu Mar 13 2008, 13:31

Yes.. all of them will have limitations... Some travel websites say they offer upto 50% refund when you book return tickets for 2 people or more (spending min of around 10k)

But catch is max refund is Rs 2000..., which will be less than 20% of the purchase value. (You can't book return tickets for two within 4000 Rs and take 2k refund)
enidhi
enidhi
MoneyTalk Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ashwini Thu Mar 13 2008, 13:37

there's no such thing called free meal...
ashwini
ashwini
MoneyTalker

Female Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by supreethamave Thu Mar 13 2008, 13:53

Well, not expecting a free meal. When some offer is advertised, it should not be used to trick the users and cheat them.
Do as you say, and say it 'clearly' is all I expect from these CC companies. Smile

supreethamave
MoneyTalker

Female Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Skumar Fri Mar 14 2008, 16:33

In india it is taken for granted that it is consumers responsibility to read fine print.......

Skumar
MoneyTalker

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by bentley1988 Thu May 06 2010, 06:20

Theres a great website that shows all tips and tricks to avoid being scammed ill pull it up for you guys!

bentley1988
MoneyTalker

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum